In physical world, this creates uncertainties for moving forward.
In the cyber world, this means even more.
From business perspective, vast amount of information that data analystic is needed to derive management insight in understanding customer profile, product popularity, performance etc. to align with business planning
In cybersecurity perspective, this can be considered in various use cases
- Asset inventory: provides the components in the information processing infrastructure such that prompt reaction to incident and new threats plus properly managing technology obsolescence are possible
- System events: feeds into SIEM to locate potential threats that has been persistent
- Network traffic: detects traffic flow to detect or block potential malicious activities
- Vulnerability: itemizes known technical vulnerabilities to develop counter-measures
- Performance dashboard: provide cybersecurity KPI to drive improvement